Focus on Energy
Elite builders throughout Wisconsin voluntarily enroll in Focus on Energy's New Homes Program. As such, your builder will work with a Focus on Energy building performance consultant, who is a trained accredited building science expert. The consultant inspects your home before, during and after construction to ensure your new home is 10-100% more energy efficient than state building code.
- Plan. Estimate efficiency - Consultant does software modeling on blueprints, calculating energy consumption.
- Construction Begins - Let the visualization being. Your new home is on its way.
- Frame. Insulate - Consultant conducts first site visit. Reviews framing and insulation and works wit builder to make sure the home is on track to meet program standards.
- Finish. Test - Second site visit. Consultant completes the performance testing and verifies that all program standards have been met.
- Move in. Receive certification - Enjoy your new home!